Saturday, August 15, 2009

August 12 to 14 trades

Some blue chips were beaten black and blue, and second tiers and "basuras" (third liners) were set free! My hunch is that "basuras" will take the lime light this week.

PSEi Daily:


PSEi was showing some weakness lately especially on blue chips. Measured move to 2,900 resistance seems to have respected. MACD impending crossover may trigger more selling pressures next week.

---------------

I was experiencing some difficulties with my online trading platform as, probably, it got affected as well by the South East Asia-wide internet problem. So it would be prudent to cash in some gains, if any. But I bought a minuscule Geograce Resources (GEO) again after a long long time at 0.81 on Wednesday as it looked like a valid breakout from 0.79. Volume was exceptional as well. But on the hindsight, it was a whipsaw. It closed 0.79 on Friday. Is it mimicking TUNA after it breaks out of 1.60 then crashing to 1.50 a few days after? Uh oh. :(

GEO Daily:


I cut all my IP at 2.4 as it was just moving sideways. I also sold all my GMA7 at a profit at 7.3 (TOO EARLY!), because that was its previous high. I panicked to sell on this one because I don't want to be caught again by GMA7's one-day-wonder moves. Then a barrage of buying by Regis and BDO elevated the price to close at a day high of 7.8, but it crashed back down to 7.4 on Friday! Anyway, I'm happy with the profits; grateful of God's grace. :)

I sold all my PAX as well at 3.68 average for a profit after seeing it having difficulty going up past 3.75-3.80. :) Short-term players were going in out of this stock for now. I'll get back on this one again near support.

PAX Daily:


Last Friday, I was seeing funds exiting blue chips and rotating to some second liners and basuras. I sold CYBR at 0.72 because it was consolidating at it's lows and without any meaningful accumulation. It did go down to 0.66 (previous support) and some big buying ensued. I managed to ride again on this one, but at 0.73 already (a bit late though). But it still closed up strongly at its high of 0.75 showing a strong reversal. It looks like it will test 0.80's again come this week. :)

CYBR Daily:


I got into some minuscule basuras SINO and APC Group (APC) at 0.28 and 0.42, respectively. Big volumes were traded last Friday. I wonder what were these up to. APC is forming beautifully an inverse head and shoulders formation with potential target of 0.70. :)

APC Daily:


I got into South East Asia Cement (CMT) as well at 1.04 after it broke out of the 1.00 heavy resistance with convincing volume. Charts looks to point to the area of 1.40-ish as its target. :)

CMT Daily:


Composition:
CMT = 16%
GEO = 8%
CYBR = 6%
SINO = 3%
APC = 3%
Odd-lots = 2%

Portfolio invested: 38%
Cash: 62%

No comments: