Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Good to be back?!

Nine months! It had been such a long time already since my last entry. I was so busy and honestly it was a bit burdensome to write something here haha! The reason why I wanted to write again is because the market made me call May-day last May. January to April 2010 were good months for me as far as year-to-date returns are concerned. Unfortunately, a series of crisis in May bore a huge brunt in my YTD returns. 2/3 of my gains was lost. Oh great! At least I could still thank the Lord that I'm still positive overall YTD.

"Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked I will depart. The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away; may the name of the LORD be praised" (Job 1:21 NIV).

3 comments:

darkjedi said...

what are the charts saying? are we headed for a double dip?
so far no cataclysmic 10%-a-day drops in the stock index unlike 2 years ago.

darkjedi said...

what are the charts saying? are we headed for a double-dip?
so far no cataclysmic 10%-a-day drops in the stock index unlike 2 years ago.

Lester said...

I think for the short to mid-term, the Philippine market will just drift sideways. However, I may be wrong because of the better than expected 1Q GDP, although this is largely propped up by a certain Presidential candidate with very catchy jingles. ;)

As far as the double-dip is concerned, I'm no economist so you shouldn't take my word for it. :) The 10% swings that happened two years ago was largely due to liquidity rather than fundamental issues.