Tuesday, August 11, 2009

August 10 and 11 trades

I got whipsawed twice by IP. I cut my IP at 2.3 yesterday only buy it again at 2.46 today. IP closed 2.4 today. The volume was big these past few days for IP with corresponding breakout-like whipsaws. That's why I got whipped pretty badly. Ouch! :( I'll hold this for now. I also cut my EDC at 0.10 lower than my cost after it's not going up as it supposed to be due to the pennant breakout. This is bearish. EDC closed 3.60 today.

I was able to ride PAX at 3.26 average yesterday and today, and sold them all today at 3.50. :) PAX was very wild today. It opened 3.70, then quickly went down to 3.35 and quickly went up again to 3.5. I thought it was just doing an intraday testing of support, so I bought back PAX at. 3.45. On the hindsight, it was a boo-boo. PAX closed lower today to 3.25. :( It will be make or break for PAX tomorrow!

I sold all of my AT today at 8.1 as I don't want to expose myself too much especially at these times.

I'm still very busy these days due to the ongoing due diligence audit. I guess I'm still fortunate to be able to sneak in a trade or two daily. :)

Portfolio invested: 74%
Cash: 26%

No comments: