Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Mushrooms

Mom bought a home-growing edible mushrooms from a food expo last month at World Trade Center. She got it quite cheap for only Php20 each! Each one can grow mushrooms quite a bountiful of times based on our experience.

Before watering (I know, my phone camera sucks!):



Sprouting stage:


Ready-for-consumption stage:



It takes normally less than a week from sprouting before it can reach full maturity. It's tasteless in my opinion. So you need to season to taste. It's a wonderful experience to be able to harvest our own food from our backyard. I'm trying to do some vegetable growing this time. Hopefully it'll work. :)

8 comments:

Random Student said...

wow parang land of the lost or journey to the center of the earth. sa pizza n'yo ba gagamitin?

Lester said...

Oo. At first parang ayaw kong kainin. Looks somewhat alien to me hehe. We didn't put it in a pizza. Kinain na lang hahaha.

Thanks for dropping by Random Student. :)

Raft3r said...

is it really that big?
sorta freaked me out
hehe

Lester said...

Not really. The biggest we got is about the size of my palm (without fingers). Unless that's big for you already hehe.

philos said...

Wow... I want me one of those! Maybe you can give me some samples? :)

Lester said...

@philos: Sure! I'll check if there are some mushrooms left in the fridge. :)

Raft3r said...

hehe
malapitan lang pala ang mga shots
nyahaha

happy birthday, lester
have a good one

Lester said...

@Raft3r: [Re. close up shots] Hehe... bingo!

Thanks for the greet! :)