Saturday, August 8, 2009

Frustrating trades

Yesterday and today are very frustrating for me. I made stupid trades, which cost me about 2% of my portfolio. :( I knew it! I shouldn't go against my instincts. The market did correct these two days.

I sold my remaining AC at 307.50 after it gapped down because of Globe Telecom's (GLO) disappointing dividends. I should have sold sooner! :( Sigh. Greediness is killing me. :(

I bought some Atlas Mining (AT) yesterday at 7.8 after it broke out of 7.6 with good volume. Apparently, due to negative market sentiments, this breakout didn't budge so much as of today. :(

I bought (and got whipsawed badly) some IPVG (IP) at 2.40 due to breakout. But heavy volume sellers marred the rise. I'm so frustrated that I didn't cut this sooner. :(

I noticed PX was the play today. But instead of riding it, I chose to buy a minuscule CYBR instead at 0.70. Arrgggh!

I'm so frustrated! I'm getting emotional with my trades. Emotions would kill me. On the hindsight, I think I even over-positioned myself despite having this kind of market. :(

Composition:
EDC = 28%
GMA7 = 19%
AT = 16%
IP = 11%
CYBR = 6%
Odd-lots = 3%

Cash: 17%

8 comments:

Visual Velocity said...

"I knew it! I shouldn't go against my instincts."

-> We're different in that respect. I almost always go with my gut instinct. You know what the bad thing about that is? My gut instinct is almost always wrong. God, I never learn. Ehehe.

Lester said...

Hehe. Men are really poor in handling instincts. :(

philos said...

Instincts are useful if its trained.

Lester said...

@philos: Mind if you could share your tips? :P

joyfulchicken said...

Wow. I've never seen so many :( emoticons in a blog entry :-P

Lester said...

@JC: At least you'll feel the magnitude of my agony. hehe.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lester said...

Dear Mike,

I appreciate you dropping by my blog, but I don't tolerate free advertising here. Sorry mate. The only thing that would appear in this comment page after this are LEGITIMATE comments. I have deleted your SPAM comment.

Thank you.