Monday, August 31, 2009

PSEi chart


I'm a bit bearish with our market right now on the basis of this technical analysis above. The Shanghai composite index was down by 6.7% today after a former Morgan Stanley Asian economist said that China stocks are "in deep bubble," and may fall another whopping 25%! Dow Jones down almost 1% as of this writing.

I'm glad to be able to liquidate most of my stocks last week. I'm holding only CMT and Vista Land and Lifescapes (VLL) now. Month-on-month, I'm a bit dissatisfied with my net return (+8%) versus PSEi (+5%) because of some stupid trades and non-trades. I was not able to participate the huge rally last Monday as well, where PSEi rocketed up by 5%, due to some technical problems with my online broker.

Portfolio invested: 33%
Cash: 67%

4 comments:

darkjedi said...

didn't get to participate in last week's rallies as well.
moved my cheese one week too early.
to borrow your expression... i got whipsawed!
hope more people become bearish so that i can hitch a ride back at a lower price.

Lester said...

i guess you're referring to your UITF's and/or mutual funds.

Where did you park them now?

darkjedi said...

parked them in the money market fund.
thought about the bond fund but i'm bearish on that market as well due to the end of the monetary easing cycle and the rumoured soon to be issued RTB's.

Lester said...

I see. I've been thinking of that too. Haven't decided yet of what to do next. :(