Thursday, July 9, 2009

Crappy day trades

I have nothing much to comment today except that the market was led by MER again and many "basura" stocks (third liners). Pretty boring day for me except for that I lost some while day trading--you guess it right--MER! :( OK, I did regret not buying this yesterday, now I regret even more that I made a crappy day trade. I'm still a newbie in day trading, because usually after the time I sold my holdings, that's the time it will rise. Arrrgghhh!!! Good thing I just lost a little. I need to read about this.

I was supposed not to buy anything today due to my bearishness, but it seems like that our market was a bit resilient. Got some PAX again (Oh no! Am I falling in love with this stock? Not good.) and San Miguel B (SMCB) today. I was intrigued at the ability of PAX to whipsaw people, but pennant is still intact. Buyers have slightly picked up today, but were met with a wall of sellers towards 2.60. I was hoping that PAX will return to the limelight again. It seems that we might have a third liner frenzy soon based on what I saw today. :)

The reason why I got SMCB was that it bounced off the 57 uptrend line support two days ago with even better volume today, and because of the MER-SMC connection play. Though this is less volatile than MER, I'm at peace as I know I won't get whipsawed here and there. :)

Dow Jones Futures up by 0.55% as of this writing. Gold seemed to have broken down of US$916 last night. USD is very weak against Yen.

Composition:
SMCB = 17%
PAX = 12%
Odd-lot stocks = 4%

Portfolio invested: 33%
Cash: 67%

No comments: